ROLE: DATA COORDINATOR
LOCATION: AUSTIN, DALLAS OR HOUSTON, TX
APPLICATION DEADLINE: APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED ON A ROLLING BASIS
The Data Coordinator will help Workers Defense manage the integrity and security of our data and will create analysis, reports and recommendations to our different departments. This position will work closely with our programs and will report to the Operations Director.
The Data Coordinator is a union position.
Envía tu currículum con una carta de presentación y tres referencias profesionales a email@example.com. Incluye el título del puesto en el asunto del correo electrónico.
PORQUE SERÍAS NUESTRO CANDIDATO IDEAL:
- You are passionate about using data to inform issue-based campaigns and electoral campaigns that protect and strengthen worker & immigrant rights in Texas!
- You are excited about engaging in strategic campaigns to organize working & immigrant communities.
- You enjoy working with a diverse group of stakeholders (including faith, labor, immigrant, and BIPOC communities).
- You are committed to Workers Defense’s identity as a membership-based organization.
- You are committed to engaging underrepresented voters and workers in the Democracy process/system, through voting and civic engagement.
- You are skilled at creating reports and analyzing data!
THE ROLE IN ACTION:
- Leads the maintenance and development of our internal data
- Create data reports in partnership with different departments that both create an analysis of our efforts and tell a story about our work through data
- Maintain the Workers Defense database
- Support teams in troubleshooting data tools and resources
- Foster, strengthen, and maintain partnerships with allied organizations across the state
- Support Development Team to create infrastructure and track individual donors and grant data
- Electoral Work (25% of the job role):
- Support the Director of Movement Politics and Movement Politics Managers to prepare for and execute field programs (volunteer and paid) in each city as needed
- Manage data systems for our multi-city, statewide electoral program, including Voter Activation Network, Action Network and CiviCRM database
- Work in partnership with The Movement Cooperative (who manages our existing data systems)
- Conduct data analysis to create voter universe, scripts, and canvass materials for WD’s field programs in partnership with the Director of Movement Politics
- Any other activities that are necessary to carry out the work of Workers Defense.
LO QUE NECESITAS:
- 3-4 years experience managing data voter engagement activities
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple responsibilities at once
- Proficiency in using VAN
- Knowledge of SQL
- Commitment to WD’s identity as a membership-based organization and commitment to advancing racial, economic, and social justice
- Strong communication skills and an ability to engage diverse audiences, including candidates, low-propensity voters, and volunteers
- Familiarity with the Texas political ecosystem and actors
- Able to work irregular hours (often in the evenings and weekends)
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Valid Texas driver’s license and an insured vehicle
- Willing to travel regularly in Texas between Austin, Houston, and Dallas
*If you don’t meet all the criteria above but still feel your experience could be a good fit for the role, please apply. Workers Defense recognizes that candidates who don’t check every box can still add value to our team.
- Salary scale of $58,000 to $64,000 annually.
- A $1,000 annual language stipend for English-Spanish bilingual staff.
- Seguro médico, oftalmológico, dental y de vida a cargo de la empresa.
- Programa de Asistencia al Empleado para apoyar la salud mental.
- Paid leave consists of 10 days vacation, 10 days sick, and 5 days personal.
- 26 paid holidays annually (including your birthday, the week of Thanksgiving, and our winter break from Dec. 24th through Jan. 1st)
- Every other Friday off
- Retirement plan with 3% company match (as per our Personnel Policies Manual).
- Paid parental leave of 12 weeks (after probationary period (90 days from hire).
ACERCA DEL FONDO DE ACCIÓN PARA LA DEFENSA LABORAL:
Nos centramos en los problemas de los derechos de los trabajadores ante todo, e involucramos a los trabajadores de Texas en los temas más importantes para sus familias, mientras apoyamos la participación cívica durante todo el año.
ACERCA DEL PROYECTO DE DEFENSA LABORAL:
Creada en 2002, WDP es una organización de miembros a nivel estatal dedicada a los derechos y la defensa de los trabajadores, cuyo principal objetivo es crear poder entre los trabajadores del sector de la construcción de Texas.
Las organizaciones de Defensa de los Trabajadores son empleadores que ofrecen igualdad de oportunidades, motivan y reclutan activamente a personas de color, inmigrantes, mujeres y comunidad LGBTQ+ para que se presenten.