Coronavirus Worker Resources: Austin
Workers Defense Project has received some funding to provide direct financial assistance to workers and households in the Greater Austin Area who are experiencing economic hardship as a result of COVID19. You can apply for financial assistance here. For more information about applying for financial assistance, you can call 512-676-5614.
Summary of Shelter-in-Place Order
Summary of Rules for Construction
- CommUnityCare Clinics are offering free COVID-19 testing to uninsured individuals with symptoms (cough, fever, shortness of breath, sore throat). Call the clinic hotline at (512) 978-8775. Spanish interpreters are available.
- Everyone should enroll online ahead of time for the safety of all at the testing site, but no one will be turned away if they show up needing testing. All personal information is protected, and immigration status is not asked. Sign up online for an appointment: COVID19.AustinTexas.gov.
- Need assistance signing up online? Call the Austin Public Health medical hotline: 512-972-5560. (Hotline hours: Mon.- Fri. 8am-6pm and Sat. 9am-1pm)
- Austin-Travis County has an isolation facility (ISOFAC) set up at a hotel for people who cannot safely self-isolate at home (e.g. tight living quarters with family members). This option is available to patients who have tested positive for COVID-19, as well as people who are under monitoring or investigation for the virus. Individuals wishing to stay at the ISOFAC should call the intake line at 512-810-7554 to make arrangements.
- Residents may be required to provide proof of testing status if they did not enroll with APH for testing.
- Individuals eligible to stay at the ISOFAC are not charged for the service.
- Patients who stay at an ISOFAC have their own free hotel room with food and WiFi.