Resources for Workers
Our community is in desperate need of support as many have lost their jobs or are forced to risk their health as essential workers and most are left out from the economic assistance programs provided by the state and federal governments. For this reason, we have collected a list of resources that may help members during this difficult time.
This list of resources includes many programs that are independent from Workers Defense Project, and we cannot influence or control whether someone receives assistance from an outside group.
For city-specific details, see these pages:
- Workers Defense Project Texas UndocuWorker Fund to support our community. Click here for information on how to contribute or to apply for support.
- Betancourt Macias Fund for undocumented families in need of immediate financial assistance to pay rent, utility bills, etc. — see google form app here or call (360) 524-3664
- National Domestic Worker Alliance Fund – $400 in emergency assistance for qualifying home care workers, nannies and house cleaners who are experiencing financial hardship due to the coronavirus pandemic.
For Tipped and Service Workers
- One Fair Wage Emergency Fund
- USBG for bartenders, spouses and children of bartenders
- Another Round, Another Rally
- Restaurant Opportunities Centers United – Relief Fund
For Farmworkers/Day Laborers
Healthcare and Food Resources
- Find Help – Find food assistance, help paying bills, and other free or reduced cost programs, including new programs for the COVID-19 pandemic