ROLE: OPERATIONS COORDINATOR
LOCATION: AUSTIN, TX
APPLICATION DEADLINE: APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED ON A ROLLING BASIS
The Operations Coordinator is essential to the sustainability of our programmatic work. This role is responsible for the day to day of the organization and supporting a growing team of dedicated staff. The ideal candidate is a resourceful problem-solver, flexible, able to juggle multiple stakeholders and priorities, organized, detail-oriented and reliable.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send resume, cover letter, and three professional references to email@example.com. Please include the position title on the subject line of your email.
WHY WE’RE EXCITED ABOUT YOU:
- You are passionate about systems – developing them and implementing them – you love them!
- You love the details and triple check your work. Even at crunch time.
- You are personal, responsible, and enjoy tackling new challenges.
- You are committed to Workers Defense’s identity as a membership-based organization.
THE ROLE IN ACTION:
- Serve as primary bookkeeper – data entry on accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Update and maintain financial records
- Track timesheets and prep payroll
- Research, implement, and maintain systems to support our operations and administrative work
- Facilities management including maintain building leases, contractors, inventory, and manage building projects
- Serve as the technology lead to maintain equipment inventory, identify and implement new software, and manage technology repairs and needs
- Support onboarding of new employees
- Any other activities that are necessary to carry out the work of Workers Defense
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- 3+ years experience in Office Administration or relevant office management experience
- Expertise in Quickbooks
- Experience with, MS Office, and Google Applications
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent written, verbal, and listening communication skills
- Valid Texas driver’s license and an insured vehicle
- Bilingual in English and Spanish (preferred)
*If you don’t meet all the criteria above but still feel your experience could be a good fit for the role, please apply. Workers Defense recognizes that candidates who don’t check every box can still add value to our team.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Salary scale of $58,000 to $64,000 annually
- A $1,000 annual language stipend for English-Spanish bilingual staff.
- Employer-paid medical, vision, dental, and life insurance.
- Employee Assistance Program to support employee’s mental health.
- Paid leave consists of 10 days vacation, 10 days sick, and 5 days personal.
- 26 paid holidays annually (including your birthday, the week of Thanksgiving, and our winter break from Dec. 24th through Jan. 1st)
- Every other Friday off
- Retirement plan with company match (as per our Personnel Policies Manual).
- Paid parental leave of six weeks (after probationary period (120 days from hire).
ABOUT WORKERS DEFENSE ACTION FUND:
We center the issues of workers rights first and foremost, and engage working Texans around the issues that are most important to their families while supporting year-round civic engagement.
ABOUT WORKERS DEFENSE PROJECT:
Created in 2002, WDP is a statewide, membership-based organization devoted to workers’ rights and advocacy, chiefly aiming to build power among Texas construction workers.
Workers Defense organizations are equal opportunity employers and actively encourage and recruit people of color, immigrants, women, and LGBTQ+ individuals to apply.